William Raymond Morehouse
- Born: 13 Mar 1943, Akron, OH
- Married (1): 27 Dec 1975, Irondequoit, NY
- Married (2): 17 Jun 1967, St. Davids, PA
1. Graduation: AB, Biology, Brown University, May 1966, Providence, RI.
2. Graduation: MD, University of Kentucky, Jun 1970, Lexington, KY.
3. Graduation: Family Medicine Residency, Highland Hospital, University of Rochester, Jun 1973, Rochester, NY.
4. Employment: Family Physician, Grace Family Medicine, 1978-current, Rochester, NY.
5. Mission: Medical outreach to South Lebanon, 1982-1985, Marjayoun, Lebanon.
Right after Israel's "Operation Peace for Galilee" incursion into Lebanon in June 1982, I was called to go over to Israel to investigate offering assistance. After attending the Feast of Tabernacles celebration sponsored by the International Christian Embassy, Jerusalem, I went up into Lebanon where I found a significant need for medical and dental relief assistance. Over the next few years we supported several Christian workers in reaching out to the population of South Lebanon. After the doors closed for US citizens to help in Lebanon, the missions organization that I head up, His Branches, continued to support a dental missionary from Canada, Beverley Timgren, who is still active with Lebanese refugees in Israel.
6. Mission: Trip to Amazon and Putumayo Rivers, Jul 1996, Aquitos, Peru.
I went with my son Nathan for two weeks to help our friend and missionary, Christine Carmichiel, PA, in her riverboat medical ministry to the underserved in eastern Peru. We took an unforgetable seaplane and boat trip to several primitive villages on the Putumayo River along Peru's northern border with Colombia. Nathan staffed our field pharmacy while Chris and I provided medical care.
William married Mary Susan Lowry, daughter of Harold Doidge Lowry and Mary Elizabeth Robison, on 27 Dec 1975 in Irondequoit, NY. (Mary Susan Lowry was born on 14 Dec 1954 in Rochester, NY.)
William also married Helen Elizabeth Thompson on 17 Jun 1967 in St. Davids, PA. The marriage ended in divorce in 1975.