Nathan Isaiah Morehouse
- Born: 10 Dec 1978, Rochester, NY
Born at home at 374 Wellington Avenue in Rochester, NY, in his parents bed with assistance from Midwife Pat Diebel and Dr. John Cooley. His delivery was uncomplicated and he weighed 8 lbs. 15 oz. and was welcomed by his sister Sarah.
1. Graduation: Charles G. Finney Corporate High School, Jun 1996, Rochester, NY.
Valadictorian of his class. Active in soccer and school drama productions. Winner of a National Merit Scholarship Award.
2. Graduation: BA, Biology, Cornell University, May 2000, Ithaca, NY.
Worked summers as a Pharmacy Assistant at St. Mary's and Park Ridge Hospitals in Rochester, NY. Participated in a Hughes Scholar honors thesis program one summer, studying the functioning of insect eyes.
3. Employment: Contract salmon fisherman, Jun 2000-Oct 2000, Kodiak, AK.
4. Employment: Manager, 2 Vine Restaurant, 2001-2002, Rochester, NY.
Started in the Fall of 2001 after returning from Kodiak Island, Alaska, as a bus boy but was soon promoted to waiter and then advanced to take one of the restaurant's Manager positions, serving as their chief Wine Steward as well.
5. Travel: Trip to Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Romania, Summer 2001.
After working for about 8 months at 2 Vine Restaurant, Nathan arranged a leave of absence to travel in Europe with two high school friends, Anjan Ganguly and Joe Tandle. They ran with the bulls in Pamplona, joined up with sister Sarah for a visit in Italy, and then went further east. Nathan stayed on after his companions had left and joined up with a college buddy, Mike Pope, to visit Mike's homeland of Romania.
6. School: Enrolled in PhD program in Biology, Arizona State University, Fall 2002-until completion, Tempe, AZ.