- Born: 17 Sep 1893, Stavanger, Norway
- Married (1): 25 Jun 1917, Aalborg, Denmark
- Married (2): Fall 1953, Oakland, CA
- Died: Dec 1953, Oakland, CA
- Buried: Oakland, CA
Cause of his death was Cancer of caecum.
Another name for Hans was Hans Haagensen.
Cremated ashes in Chapel of Chimes
1. Graduation: Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Porsgrund Technical Engineering School, 1912, Porsgrunn, Norway. Met future wife's brother, Aage Hansen, while at school.
2. Emigration: Stavangerfjord port for Rahway, NJ, USA, 8 Jun 1922, Stavanger, Norway. Got work right away and saved enough money to buy tickets for Alma and the three girls to come over the following April.
3. Residence: Sverresgade, 1917-1923, Stavanger, Norway.
4. Employment: Engineer, 1917-1946. 1917-1920 Self-employed making motors for fishing boats. 1920-1922 Engineer with Stavanger Public Service. 1922-1926 Draftsman & Designer with Standard Oil, New Jersey. 1926-1927 Draftsman & Designer, Keyport Bus & Real Engines. 1927-1930 Draftsman, Texas Co. Battery Place, New York. 1930-1940 Self-employed, Construction for Texas Company. 1940-1953 Fay Spofford & Thorndike, Boston, Massachusetts. 1940 went to Bering, Artic Circle on a job. 1941 went to another job in the Artic Circle. 1942 went to another job in the Artic Circle. 1943-46 went to the Aleutian Islands to work. Source: Alma Haakonsen, wife.
5. Residence: 1923-24 Linden Avenue, Rahway; 1924-25 Roselle; 1925 Mountainside; 1925-26 Seminary Avenue, Rahway; 1926-27 Keyport; 1927-28 Hamilton Street, Rahway., 1923-1928, New Jersey.
6. Residence: Concord Avenue, 1928-1929, Milton, MA.
7. Residence, 1929-1930, Portsmouth, NH.
8. Residence: three different places, 1930-1934, Cheshire, MA.
9. Residence, 1934-1935, Ballardvale, MA.
10. Residence: Salem Street, 1935-1945, Andover, MA.
Hans married Alma Sigrid Kirstine Hansen, daughter of Bertel Christian Martinus Hansen and Anne Marie Hansen, on 25 Jun 1917 in Aalborg, Denmark. The marriage ended in divorce in 1953. (Alma Sigrid Kirstine Hansen was born on 4 May 1895 in Roskilde, Denmark, christened in 1895 in Sjalland, Denmark and died on 1 May 1988 in Ellsworth, Hancock, ME.)
Hans also married Karin Melander fall 1953 in Oakland, CA.